Sunday, December 14, 2008


I love everything about the month of December BUT the cold weather. I swear this morning when I got up it was around 50 degrees...yeah! By the time we ate and got ready for church it was in the teens, no joke! COOOOOLLDD!!

We got our tree up. It was a fun and trying experience with 2 little ones. I had Carter hand me the branches. I then put on all the lights (that I had just "tested"). When we plugged it in the whole last strand of lights was out. Bummer... it was a brand new strand too. Oh well. Then came the FUN part. Carter loved helping open up all the ornaments and putting them on the tree, but he wanted to touch EVERYONE. Even the high ones and the ones in the very back of the tree against the wall. It all turned out okay though, and I have to say I think it is pretty cool looking! The next morning, when Hudson woke up he was in awe.He was asleep when we finished it the night before. He wanted to touch it AND throw all the balls! Good thing I bought shatterproof ornaments. The boys still get into "ornament wars" daily, but what do you do??

Sadie (our dog)

I am feeling pretty confident that I am going to get everything done in time for Christmas and maybe even have a few days to relax before the big day! I only have 2 more gifts to buy and 2 gift cards. I normally love to shop, but this year not so much!! Lee has helped out a ton too. He ordered a couple gifts online and went shopping with me a couple times. I found out that I am scheduled to work Christmas eve until 10pm...I am hoping I can get the night off, so we can head to Lincoln or else we may be spending Christmas here.

I am almost done with cards, just waiting for our pictures to add to the letter my lovely sister wrote for me. I gave her the bullet points that I wanted included, but she wrote it. I am not too proud to ask for help... thanks Val!

I started baking cookies and making some yummy treats this weekend too. I am making up about 20 bags for my co-workers. Most of them are single or young college students, so I feel like their mother sometimes. It did make me feel really good that a co-worker from another department and I were talking and I mentioned something about my 3 year old. She stopped what she was doing, looked up and said "YOU have a 3 year old?" Woo hoo! That made my day!

One last thing. We got a call concerning the results of Hudson's genetics testing. They said the 4 tests (Cytomeglovirus, Pendred Syndrome, Mitochondrial Antibody and Conexin 26) that were the "most common causes for hearing loss" all came back NEGATIVE. Of course I cried, because I was happy and sad. Happy because they were negative, but sad because we may never know what caused his hearing loss. Our pediatrician is ordering more tests, so we shall see what comes of it. I am letting it go to an extent, I am not going to worry, cry or (try not) to be sad about this anymore!! We have a happy little guy, whom God gave to us for a reason! oh...Hudson is feeling soooooo much better and is totally back to normal from the scare he gave us over Thanksgiving is our little man sitting in the cupboard!


elizabeth said...

Great blog! I hope you'll consider adding it to the aggregator at Deaf Village ( -- we'd love to have you as part of our community!

The Wannabe Redhead said...

Good job on the tree! It looks GIGANTOR!! (Mine looks like 1/8 of your tree! LOL)

Such a cute pic of Hudson....I can't wait to see the boys over Xmas!!

Sadie looks so innocent in that picture. Just sitting there and posing in front of the tree like that:) Very nice!