Sunday, September 13, 2009

Teaser


So, I am horribly behind on posting pictures from our trip. I promise to get some more up Monday or Tuesday!!

Here are just a few for now:





Last week was spent trying to get back to some kind of normal.... if there is such a thing!

Carter loved the first two days of preschool. He is fascinated with how much they get to eat at school! Carter absolutely HATES and will not touch bananas. When I picked him up Friday, the first thing out of his mouth was that they had hamburgers and bananas for lunch. He says "GUESS WHAT Mom?" I ATE the banana!!" I was proud of him that he tried something that normally he wouldn't eat. This week they are learning the letter L and about wheels. All day preschool also means earlier bedtimes. Both boys have been asleep by 8:30!! This is so much better than the 10pm summer bedtimes!!

With Carter now in preschool, Hudson and I have lots of time together and I think he is still a little upset we left him. Every other word out of his mouth is "no!" or "hearing aid out"! I just have to laugh at him sometimes, because he is saying 3 or 4 word sentences, and some are sooooo cute. "I want canneee (candy) NOW!", "NO touch my shirt!", and my favorite "I wuv you too mommy!" His teacher has me working on 'I want' phrases with him. So, instead of him crying, pointing or getting frustrated I come to his level and say "I want" and he will respond by telling me or forgetting what the fuss was about in the first place. We have to keep a watchful eye on this little independent man! Today he got mad because I turned off the water outside that he and Carter were playing in. I turned around to go inside to change Carter's soaking wet clothes, made eye contact with Lee who was weed eating in the yard, so he could keep an eye on Huddy. Next thing I know, Lee is hobbling down the street (he broke his pinky toe in Mexico). I run outside and Hudson running down the side walk as fast as he can, already about 4 houses away! Lee told me that Hudson was upset that I turned off the water and took off down the street. Ahhh.... the terrible two's!!!

Hope everyone has a great week!


2 comments:

peter marie said...

Can't wait to see more pictures! It looks so beautiful.

And you've got to tell me where you got that dress. :)

The Sneaky Mommy said...

Beeeeauuuuutiful! (That's for you in those cute dresses!) Can't wait to see the rest of your pictures!
LOVE the funny Hudson story! :)