Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Caramel Apple Crisp

Carter had a preschool potluck last night and I signed up to bring a dessert. I must have dreamt about Carmel Apple Crisp, because when I went to find the recipe, I couldn't find it!
So, I searched the Internet and this is the yummy recipe I found!

Caramel Apple Crisp

8 to 10 cups apples, sliced
cinnamon and sugar ( i just sprinkled a little of both over the apples)
1 Tbsp. lemon juice

Topping:
2 C. oatmeal
1 C. Butter
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. backing soda
1 3/4 cup flour
1 C. brown sugar, packed
3/4 tsp. salt
Dash of nutmeg (optional)

15 caramels
2 Tbsp. water

Mix apples with lemon juice, cinnamon and sugar. Combine topping, put on top of apples and bake in 9 x 13 inch pan at 375 degrees for 30 minutes or until apples are done. Melt caramels in microwave with the water and still well until mixed. Pour over apple crisp.


I am really a horrible baker, but I have to say this recipe was easy and it was really good! Next time, though I will be smart and instead of unwrapping 15 caramels I will just buy caramel topping!!

3 comments:

The Sneaky Mommy said...

Yum!!! That looks amazing! I'm a sucker for caramel apples! Thanks for finding this recipe--can't wait to try it out! :)

The Wannabe Redhead said...

Yum! There's no way I'm probably ever going to make this myself, but if you want to make it for me, I will definitely enjoy it! :)

Nice work, Martha!

peter marie said...

Woah. That looks great!

I have a bar recipe where you have to unwrap a whole pkg of caramels...you'll have to let me know if you can taste any difference using the caramal sauce instead...