Monday, September 8, 2008

Long Weekend

We took a long weekend and headed to Lincoln and Omaha for some family time. We had a lot of activities planned so we were on the go! Good thing the boys do well in the car.

We spent Friday night at our good friends Mike, Trish and Carson Roaches house. We missed seeing Trish and Carson, but the new Visla puppies were a hit with Carter and Hudson. Carter wanted to take one home and I seriously considered it, until I pictured our leather couch becoming a chew toy. Oh... they found out on Friday that they are having a boy!! Carson is going to be a big brother! We are thrilled for them and can't wait to meet the little guy in early 2009.



The entire Christie family was able to be together as Nick and Lauren were here from Las Vegas. It was really nice spending Saturday night with everybody. We had some great food and celebrated the August birthday's. Jenn, Lauren and I were the birthday gals and my Mother-in-law, Trish made the traditional red velvet cake with butter cream icing!! YUMMY!

Me (shorty), Lauren, and my sister-in-law Jennifer

It was so neat to see the cousins play and interact. Five boy cousins running around...but my sister-in-law Karen & brother-in-law Pete will be adding a little girl in November. I can't wait to shop for pink and purple outfits and baby dolls!



Zach holding Hudson, Carter & Christian holding Collin


We were also able to spend a good chunk of time with my parents too. Carter learned to snap garden beans with Grandma Helen & Hudson could not get enough of Grandpa Ron!! We have been VERY LUCKY to have my Dad spend quite a bit of time with us this summer, so the boys and Grandpa have become best buds!








We really had a good weekend, but it went WAY to fast!


No comments: