Monday, August 17, 2009

Birthday thoughts...


Last Monday I turned 31. Yippee...not! I used to love my Birthday, but now not so much! My 20's were awesome and exciting times. I read an article a couple weeks ago about how your 30's are supposed to be your best years. Your children are out of the baby stage, off to school and in activities. (Don't get me wrong, I love these early years, seeing my boys go from tiny infants to independent toddlers, to bug loving, dirt digging little boys!) It did take my mind off how I was feeling sorry for myself for feeling old and I how the future holds so much for us. I am excited and looking forward to see what is ahead!

The boys and I

We spent the evening at the Iowa State Fair, and we had a blast! We saw a few church friends and ate a little bit of everything... well, Lee did anyway! Hudson loved the baby animals and all Carter wanted to do was ride the midway rides....scary!! Both boys loved the "little hands on the farm"and got free treat at the end for all their hard work!



The weather was perfect and I even enjoyed a fat free pineapple whip ice cream cone for my b-day treat!!

3 comments:

The Sneaky Mommy said...

I'm not really loving my thirties...but if it helps, I'm even older than you. ug! I do love the ages of my children, though! I also love that I have friends still having babies, too, so it's easy to get that baby fix I need without having another one of my own! :)

Renae said...

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!! I hope you had a good one! It's not the old days where friends and bars were in the birthday plans. :) Let me know next time you're in Lincoln.

The Wannabe Redhead said...

I'm surprised you feel like that! I am ready to say good-bye to my twenties and have a really great decade after I turn 30!

You have a lot of great things to look forward to in your 30's, so don't dwell on the negative!!

Age is just a number! You're never to old to have fun!