Monday, October 6, 2008

My little helpers

Carter has always liked to help in the kitchen. Instead of getting upset at him for being in the way while baking or cooking, I figured I would keep his little hands busy. Since Hudson has come along, most of the time they are occupying each other with toys or chasing after one another while I am cooking. This morning they were both under foot, so I enlisted their help once again. We are going to have an awesome dinner tonight! Pork Shoulder Roast in the crock pot and Orange Dreamsicle Dessert.





Here's the recipe for the jello. It's one of our favorites...

Orange Dreamsicle Dessert
1 small pkg. orange sugar free (SF) Jello
1 small pkg. vanilla SF pudding
1 large can mandarin oranges, drained
1 container fat free cool whip

Mix jello in 1 cup boiling water. Add 1 cup cold water. Using a whisk add vanilla pudding mix to jello. Let set in the fridge for one hour until thick. Fold in container of cool whip. Add in mandarin oranges. Let set in fridge for a couple hours. Enjoy!
Tip: I chop the oranges before adding to make more small pieces.

2 comments:

Julie said...

This looks so yummy! I'm making it for tonight.

The Sneaky Mommy said...

I'm in love with orange dream sicles--I even have the ice cream in my freezer right now! I can't wait to make this! Hmmm...cooking pork? Did you wear your new apron?!?