Sunday, October 26, 2008

Pumpkin Bread

Lee is finally home from California, and I felt like I actually accomplished something today. We stayed indoors because Hudson isn't feeling well and it is COLD and VERY WINDY here. Time to break out the boys' new winter coats we got last week. I had a list of things to get done and this was one of them:

Halloween Tags


Pumpkin Bread...yummy!

add a little halloween ribbon and viola!


I don't usually come up with creative things, but when I see something fairly easy and cute, I will surely try to recreate it! I saw this cute little pumpkin bread tin idea on a blog that I read. This Mom is super creative and she bakes ALL the time. She also has a class that she teaches to "little chefs" and makes fun kid friendly goodies and crafts. I get TONS of great ideas from her!
I didn't spend much, just purchased the pumpkin (because I only had a small can), and the mini-tins at Walmart for $1.50.
Here is the recipe for the Pumpkin Bread... hopefully the neighbors, Carter's teachers and Lee's co-workers like it!!

Pumpkin Bread

2 1/2 c flour
2 t soda
1 t salt
2 t cinnamon
1 t nutmeg
1/2 t cloves
1/2 t allspice
2 c nuts (optional)

1 lg. can pumpkin
3 c sugar
4 eggs
1 c oil

Mix dry ingred. in a large bowl. Add wet ingred. Blend well. Grease 3 loaf pans. ( or I made 8 mini tins.) Pour batter into them and bake at 350 for about 1 hour, until done.
Enjoy!

3 comments:

The Sneaky Mommy said...

Your bread project turned out SO cute!!! I love the Little Momma and Company blog! Someday I would LOVE to meet her! Hope to see you soon!

The Wannabe Redhead said...

did you ever know that you're my HERO? and everything I wish I could be....I can fly higher than an eagle, because you are the wind beneath my wings....

SERIOUSLY! How clever and thoughtful are you to do this for your neighbors, Carter's teachers, and whomever else?! You're a fantastic example to your boys on how to be thoughtful of others.
Way to go, Big Sis!

Unknown said...

wow...can you be any more on the ball? You are such a a good mom...and to give us all instructions so we can copy you next year-Super Mom I can call you!! Have a good week.